Note on event listing: Due to limited capacity, we are not able to provide a comprehensive overview of the hundreds of events that will take place worldwide. We list on this site the information that was directly sent to us (without edits).
During the “season” of the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia, which traditionally stretches over 10 days around May 17, we will report more extensively on social media on worldwide activities. Please connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
If you are aware of any event that is not listed here, please send us an email.
- Event: Pride & IDAHOTB 2021 in Cambodia: #WarmShelter
Direction: Rainbow Community Kampuchea (RoCK) online celebration via Facebook page:
Date: 14-28 May 2021
Info: PRIDE WEEK AND IDAHOTB 2021
Rainbow Community Kampuchea (RoCK) has the vision to see Cambodia in which LGBTIQ citizens can feel happy to be who they are and live happy lives by having their rights protected and receiving full and equal respect and acceptance from all sectors of society, most especially families, communities, and authorities.
Pride & IDAHOTB – the International Day Against Homobia, Transphobia and Biphobia is one of the annual events RoCK celebrates in May every year since 2009 in which LGBT+ members from 25 provinces and city gathered in Phnom Penh for a weeklong event, in which hundreds of members from 25 provinces and city joined. Because of Covid-19 pandemic crisis this year 2021, RoCK celebrated Pride & IDAHOTB virtually, from 14th to 28 May, with the theme #WarmShelter.
We pursue Pride & IDAHOTB occasion to continue discuss, share experiences, and participate in proactive actions with LGBT community members, general public, national government and local authorities, professionals in areas of law, health, social work, media, entrepreneurs, and scholars, etc., on building Cambodia a #WarmShelter and to achieve our vision, through our commitments and abilities, such as:
• we could and continue to participate in building Cambodia as the #WarmShelter, starting from our individual self-determination for personal development and well-beings. This means that every individual should respect and recognise people’s diversities, different backgrounds, especially poor and marginalised people, respond to their needs, and appreciate their contributions in all parts and at levels.
• we could maintain and support our commitment as well as responsibility to protect and grow love and happiness of our families.
• we continue and strengthen community supporting system and solidarity at all times, especially during the difficult situation and crises.
• we continue, strengthen, and innovate our works based on the principle of unity for a societal equality.