Below you can find some resources with valuable information and insights into the experiences and challenges faced by LGBTQIA+ people across different countries and regions around the world.
- ILGA World Database - The ILGA World Database is a unique knowledge base on laws, human rights bodies, advocacy opportunities, and news related to sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and sex characteristics issues worldwide.
- TGEU Trans Murder Monitoring - The Trans Murder Monitoring (TMM) project systematically monitors, collects, and analyses reports of homicides of trans and gender-diverse people worldwide.
- A long way to go for LGBTI equality - This report presents select findings from the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) 2019 survey on LGBTI people in the EU and North Macedonia and Serbia. With almost 140,000 participants, it is the largest survey of its kind.
- TGEU Trans Rights Map - TGEU Trans Rights Map illustrates the legal situation of 49 countries in Europe and 5 in Central Asia. It shows country-specific requirements for legal gender recognition, as well as existing protections for trans people in asylum, hate crime/speech, non-discrimination, health, and family.
- Legal Gender Recognition: A Multi-Country Legal and Policy Review in Asia - This report undertakes a comprehensive review of existing laws, policies and practices related to legal gender recognition for transgender people in nine countries in Asia: Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, and Thailand.
- Impact of Anti-Gender Opposition on TGD and LGBTQI Movements - GATE's global research report sheds light on the challenges to counteracting anti-gender mobilisation. It emphasises anti-gender groups’ deliberate dissemination of false and harmful information, the role of the media in enabling anti-gender narratives and actions, and the worsening human rights situation for TGD and wider LGBTQI communities globally.
- Rainbow Europe - Rainbow Europe is a project of ILGA-Europe that tracks and rates the legal and policy situation of LGBTQIA+ people in Europe. Their annual index provides a country-by-country analysis of the legal rights and protections for LGBTQIA+ people.
- Living Free and Equal - 2016’s report by UN Free & Equal on what states are doing to tackle violence and discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and intersex people.
- Legal Gender Recognition & Access to Trans-Affirming Care in East Africa - Report based on a research study conducted by the East Africa Trans Health and Advocacy Network (EATHAN) focusing on legal gender recognition and access to healthcare for intersex, trans, and gender non-conforming people in East Africa.