The organisation UNIDI in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic is in the midst of organising the 2nd LGBTH University Forum in the context of the International Day against Homophobia and Transphobia.
The 2nd University Forum for Diversity by UNIDI will take place in the city of Santo Domingo with the theme “Educating for Diversity” on Friday, May 16 at 2pm in the Pedro Mir Library UASD. Among the speakers are the following:
* Dr. Ramon Pimentel (Lawyer and Professor at the UASD)
* Marianela Carvajal (Activist for Lesbian Human Rights)
* Jose Ivan Diaz (Prosecutor for Family Law)
* Christian King (Activist for Trans Human Rights)
* Brigida Melo (Lawyer directing the Legal Services Community Centre)
UNIDI (Universitarios por la Diversidad) is an association of University students GTH, which promotes the development of the community on a socio-academic level, whose primary purpose is to fight to raise awareness of Human Rights and Sexual Diversity within the students they are representing, other members of the community and the people in general.